Monday, January 13, 2020

Romping


The fantastic miniature instagrammer @thelifeofstovall ordered a bespoke jumpsuit for Stovall's friend, Cody. One of Cody's passions is gardening, so a serviceable yet stylish coverall is right up his ally. Initially, the order was for an olive green number with solid pink accents, inspired a @romperjack design. However, after looking at more pieces from Romper Jack, I realized that I had a floral cotton that was very similar to one of their accent fabrics.


 My customer agreed that the pink floral would be a fun touch, and I set to work, creating the jumpsuit. Jumpsuits are complex little things, with all the components of a button-down shirt, and a pair of chinos. Not only was this project my first jumpsuit, but it was also my first time making real, functional belt-loops. I am very pleased with how it all turned out!





The inspirations behind Gus' headgear are the beautiful floral wreathes from last summer's Dolce & Gabbana Alta Sartoria show. When I first saw that show, I couldn't help thinking that Gus might look pretty neat with some flowers and foliage on his head too, and now, with a little help from a My Froggy Stuff tutorial, he has some to wear.


I am very grateful to @stovallthedoll for requesting this piece. It was a truly delightful project, and I definitely want to make more jumpsuits in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment