Wednesday, July 28, 2021

An Hermes Ensemble

Ever since I saw this look, sauntering down the Hermès runway, for their Summer of 2019 collection, I’ve wanted to recreate it for Gus!! I’ve got a soft spot for the @hermes company, because they began in the 19th century as award-winning horse harness makers, and eventually evolved into the stylish clothing brand we see today. This shirt, featuring a beautiful snaffle bit (a communication tool for relaying directions to your horse, when you’re riding, or driving carriages) stays true to their roots. I’m so excited to finally be able to photograph something like it in miniature!! I’ve made Gus’ version a French-link snaffle, with two joints in the middle, instead of one, because, in real life, that’s my favorite style of bit for driving. Thanks to all of you who voted, last week, and picked the sides of the bit, to help me make this bucket-list look!! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment