Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The 007 Romper

This weekend, I completed a very special project: My first ever miniature film costume! Now, Gus gets to model a little blue terry romper, like the iconic piece, worn by Sean Connery, when he played James Bond, in 1964. The original garment was a really unique and intriguing design, and I had a blast figuring out the construction. A great big Thank You to @dawsondigsdolls for requesting this amazing project!

 


While I was studying footage of James Bond's famous blue romper, I noticed that he was also strolling around in a pair of matching blue mules! The terry cloth that I was using happened to be smooth on one side, so I flipped it over, and made a little pair of mules to complete the look! They are a smooth knit on the outside, and fluffy terry on the inside! Today, I was posting photos of the romper on instagram, and @dawsondigsdolls informed me that it was Sean Connery's birthday! What a wild and fun coincidence! Perfect timing! I hope Mike Dawson's dolls have a oodles of fun with their fluffy new romper.



No comments:

Post a Comment