Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Retro Swimwear

I just finished sewing a fun and festive collection of bespoke 1960s-inspired swimming trunks, using beautifully imaginative retro-style prints by @arngedesign . On the right, Gus is going off to try them on for a little photo shoot. Heads up, Gus, those are in a vintage cut, and might be a little more snug than what your used to! 

These bright little bathing shorts, were commissioned by designer, and vintage doll enthusiast, @dawsondigsdolls. Below, you can see a reference image of mid-century swimwear, that I used to create the design. I was especially inspired by the pair of the upper left.  


These pieces were made in collaboration with Arnge designs, so I embroidered a little orange "a" on each garment label, in addition to my T. A. mark. 











Here is Gus, modeling the trunks. 







No comments:

Post a Comment